2013/04/05

My memory about the Red Devil- Manchester United

Before I went to secondary school I wasn't really a fans of football. All I knew was there is a big tournament call World Cup and the players I knew was just Beckham, Owen , Ronaldo ( Brazil ),Ronaldinho,  just those really famous players.

After I went to secondary school and being influenced by a friend, I started to take note about football and play a football game-- FIFA 2004
When I asked my friend which club should I choose to play with, he answered :
Manchester United !

From that moment I always choose Man Utd as my team in the career mode and also take note of MU news in real life. Slowly I have become a hardcore Manchester United fans!!!

So I started as Man Utd fans from 2003/04 season and I'm very pleased that my friend recommended me this team and feel proud to be a Manchester United fans. Here are some of my memories about each season.

2003/04

This season was my first season to Man Utd, so I wasn't very clear with all the players' name. What I knew of that season was there was a new boy call Cristiano Ronaldo who has a same name as Ronaldo the Brazilian striker and wore the legendary no.7 shirt after David Beckham was transferred to Real Madrid. I'm not sure why from that season I got a feeling that this boy will become one of United most important player in the future and he became my most favourite player in MU.
On the left is Kleberson
His debut match

Another name that caught my attention was none of the less, the goal scoring machine- Ruud Van Nistelrooy! Whenever you heard the commentator saying RVN's name in a high pitch, you'll know the second word will be "GOAL!!!" These 2 were my favourite players at that moment.
2003/04 Squad


This season the only trophy that they won was FA Cup (Community Shield excluded). Ronaldo scored the first goal and V.Nistelrooy sum up the game by scoring 2 goals ( total 30 goals in this season ) and won 3-0 against Millwall


Celebration
The 2 goal scorers

Ronaldo's first tournament trophy


After game celebration
However, United was in third place in English Premier League which Arsenal won the League by having an unbeaten season. That sum up my first season on MU and during the season break was the UEFA Euro 2004.



2004/05

After Euro 2004, an England young boy name Wayne Rooney was all over the media. Even though England never made thru Quarter Final ( loss on penalty shootout to Portugal ), Rooney had show his young talent to the whole world.

On the last day of Summer transfer market, Sir Alex Ferguson managed to sign Rooney from Everton with a transfer record of £27m. He was handed the no.8 shirt after Nicky Butt left to Newscastle.
A last minute deal
2004/05 Squad

Well, this season was a sad season for Man Utd because it was a trophy-less season for them. They finished up at third place in English Premier League which Chelsea won the league and started the Jose Mourinho-era.

However in this season W.Rooney won the PFA Young Player of the Year  as a reward of what he did for Man Utd in his first season.

Part 2: My memory about Manchester United- part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top