2020/03/26

Perfume 8th Tour 2020 - P Cubed in Dome

A new start of a year, a new decade - 2020! Perfume also started early for their 8th Tour at this new decade - P Cubed in Dome! I balloted the last day of the tour at Tokyo Dome 😆 !


"P Cubed" is the title of Perfume's The Best Album released in 18th September 2019. The album consists of 50 songs from their previous Singles and Albums, and 2 new songs.

It was an early start for their new tour, touring around 5 cities within the month of February. Below are the schedule of the tour, and I've balloted the last day of the tour. I was so EXCITED!
  • 2020.02.01 (Sat) - Kyocera Dome Osaka (京セラドーム大阪)
  • 2020.02.02(Sun) - Kyocera Dome Osaka (京セラドーム大阪)
  • 2020.02.08 (Sat) - Fukuoka  PayPay Dome (福岡 ヤフオク!ドーム)
  • 2020.02.15 (Sat) - Nagoya Dome (ナゴヤドーム)
  • 2020.02.16(Sun) - Nagoya Dome (ナゴヤドーム)
  • 2020.02.25 (Sat) - Tokyo Dome (東京ドーム)
  • 2020.02.26(Sun) - Tokyo Dome (東京ドーム)

Even though I was very excited about the concert, to be able to see Perfume live again. However there was a concern that the tour/concert might be cancelled at anytime.

2020 doesn't have a good start for a new decade. Australia bush fire was still ongoing, there were even floods at some area causing thousands of animals' live there. Then there were news coming out from China saying there was an outbreak of an unknown virus in Wuhan city causing thousands of people infected. The virus is called Coronavirus aka covid-19 had spread so widely in China that the government had call for a city lock-down starting from Wuhan. At that time the whole world was still not very concern about this as they thought the virus won't spread to their country. Instead everyone were worried that World War 3 was about to start because of an order from President Trump to assassinate a general of Iran. Then at the end of January, the basketball legend - Kobe Bryant died from a helicopter crash with her daughter in the helicopter as well 😢  It was only January and so many things had happened.

In February, other countries only started to take covid-19 seriously as the virus already spreading out of China. Everyday, there were new cases found at other countries like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. At that time, the number of cases in Japan breakthrough hundred because of the Diamond Princess cruise ship stop by the Yokohama bay. Even though I already bought the air ticket to go for the concert on 26th Feb, I was still hesitating of going to Japan due to this covid-19. So everyday I monitored the news in Singapore and Japan to check the situation in both places. I was worried that there will be travel ban in either country, or even worse Perfume announce canceling their tour. But luckily none of these happened, so I was able to proceed with my Japan trip on 25th Feb to see Perfume the next day 😊

I flew from Singapore on 25th Feb night and reached Tokyo around 6 am the next day. After having a breakfast, deposit my luggage at the hotel, I've reached Tokyo Dome around 9 am.




It was still very early there as the goods only start selling 2.30 pm, so there were not many people there yet. So I went to the garden next to Tokyo Dome, Koishikawa Korakuen (小石川後楽園). The entrance fee is 300 yen. It's a small garden and only take less than 30 minutes to walk one whole round of the garden. However, it's still a relaxing place to chill and enjoy the nature, and I also got a glimpse of some early bloomed Sakura tree 😆







The first time I saw Sakura 🌸
Still blooming Sakura trees
After enjoying the nature, I went to Harajuku to see the pop-up store of Perfume Closet which was the last day on that day. Due to that day was a Wednesday, I thought there won't be many people there but before I know where is the store, I already saw a small crowd outside a store. Without doubt, that must be the Perfume Closet store and I was right! Haha!





I bought another Perfume of Perfume there so that I can get 1 copy of Perfume Tabloid which was given for free for any purchase.


Around 1 pm I was back to Tokyo Dome to queue for the concert goods. Unsurprisingly, it took me around 5 minutes to reach the end of the queue line from the goods booth 😅 Originally the goods start selling at 2.30 pm, however due to the length of the queue and the weather at that time, they pushed forward to 2 pm. As I was queuing there, it started drizzling. As we getting closer to the booth, the rain droplets getting bigger but luckily it didn't rain heavily for me to get soak in that freezing weather.
The queue

The view to Tokyo Dome
We are getting closer and everyone are praying please don't rain heavily
Finally can see the goods booth


The CD/DVD booth


The goods I bought
Around 2.30 pm, I've bought all the goods I want. While waiting to collect my ticket at 3.30 pm, I wander around Tokyo Dome City. Then around 3 pm, my friend suddenly messaged me saying the concert had been cancelled! I thought he was joking, but after I checked from Perfume's official Twitter. It was true!!! 😱

Even the goods booth have to be stopped at 4 pm. I was still in a shocked as I flew all the way there from Singapore and was so excited to see the 3 girls again, but they cancelled the concert just hours before it 😭 Everyone still couldn't believe it that the concert is cancelled just hours before it. The security guards also used the loud speaker announcing that the concert had been cancelled and urge everyone to go back home. Everyone still wandering there talking about this unbelievable moment, staring at the big screen which is displaying the cancellation statement.


Security guards urging everyone to go back home

However I still don't want to go back hotel as I haven't even get my ticket yet! Haven't even touch my ticket would seem like I was there for nothing (and partly because the ticket design is very nice, I want to keep it). So I wander around there to see is there any staff who I can approach. Then I saw 2 Chinese people talking to a guard who can speak English asking is there anyway to get the ticket. The guard understand their concern but he can't do anything also as he is not a concert staff there. So I cut into the conversation asked the guard whether he can help us find a staff.

Then a staff came by and so we told him that we want to keep the ticket even though the concert was cancelled. The staff then called his team inside and ask how should he handle the case. After that he told us they will refund that day's concert fee, but they need the ticket for the refund process. So if we get the ticket, we might not get a refund. We told him we don't care about the refund, we flew all the way from overseas for the concert but it was cancelled, so at least we wanna keep the ticket. After understanding our request, he went back inside to discuss with the team. While waiting for the staff to come out, I had a small chit chat with the guard who can speak English just now. We complimented each other's Japanese and English skill. Hehe. He also told me went to KL before for a short term exchange. With his language skill I wonder why he chose to be a guard there? 🤔

The staff waiting for the instruction
After 10 minutes, the staff came out with another staff holding a laptop and a bag of tickets. We were so delighted that we're able to get our ticket! After the usual process of checking the email and member ID, I finally got my ticket!!!




This is an unusual experience that Perfume had to cancel their concert just hours before it. Even though I was disappointed and sad for not being able to meet Perfume when I was already there, they had no choice but to follow the government's instruction as well. As much as I wanted to meet them, I still want the 3 of them to be safe and don't want them to be blamed when there is a new covid-19 cluster happened in their concert.


2020 has not been a good year to start and covid-19 doesn't seems to be getting any better too. As of now in 25th March 2020, European countries and USA are getting more serious with cases increase by thousands everyday. Japan also announced they will postpone Tokyo Olympic 2020 to next year. 

I can't meet Perfume during this trip, but I hope after covid-19 cases getting better they will held another one during end of 2020. I will definitely go again this year!!!So before that, everyone please

STAY SAFE AND STAY STRONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top