2013/05/15

I Miss Yellowstone National Park

Never thought it would be so fast that almost 1 year have passed since the day I departed to Yellowstone National Park. Now is my juniors' turn to go for the Work and Travel in USA program. Whenever I saw the photos they uploaded about the dorm they stayed, the working place, made me recall back my time in Lake Village, Yellowstone National Park. Although it was very fun and exciting to travel around USA, the most memorable and unforgettable is still my experience of working in Lake Village.

Every morning me and my friends have to wake early morning ( around 6.30 a.m.) and took turn to have a shower. However, I was always the earliest to wake up and while waiting for us to shower, one of my friend always took this 'advantage' to sleep a bit longer. LOL. At 8 am after some stretching session to warm up, we will start our day to clean the rooms.
The breakfast we took every morning

The steps to clean  a room was always the same and we have to do the same things for 15 rooms or more.It sounds boring but we always will find our own enjoyment and entertainment in it. Haha. Before opening a room, we always pray to see a face on the "ex-President of USA". Mostly there will 2 "George Washington" on the table, and if we're lucky there will be "Abraham Lincoln" or even "Alexander Hamilton". During lunch time and dinner time, we will compare with each other of whom we "met" on that day. LOL. My highest record of getting tips in a week is 90 bucks. HEHE.. But I also have another record which is 5 consecutive days of not getting any tips. T.T  Besides that, we will always compete with each other of bed making, the fastest time to clean a room and so on. Although it was boring to clean the rooms, we always had our own fun. ^^
Seeing this will motivate us to do the job better! lol

I still remember during the end of May and early June we still have to wear a sweater and gloves to go work. Along the way the path had been covered by the snow. It was very very very cold~~~~ I barely feel my hands when I reached the hotel. It was my first time to experience snow. It was a great experience but it wasn't fun, because it was too cooooooooold~~~~ haha
Even though it was very cold, we still wanna play..haha

However, the most precious moment for me in Yellowstone is the moment with the friends I knew there. After work just hangout in the employee pub, drink some beer, play some pool, eat some pizza, chit chat. During weekend went out to explore the National Park, climb some hills, saw some great falls, and discovered some animals which wouldn't be found in Malaysia/Singapore. What a life!
Cheers!!
Big Pizza for everyone!!
Adventure time!!
Osprey Falls
Bison walking on the street like a boss

Our last breakfast with everyone.. T.T
I really miss you guys!!!
I really miss those time!!! No worry, no stress, just enjoy the life... Although this life couldn't last long, if I have the money, the time I would want to go Work and Travel again in the future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top