2015/12/30

2015, it's coming to an END??!!

I still can't believe 2015 is coming to an end in a few more days. Feel like I didn't do much in this year, is this the life of a working man?

Well, besides working the first half of 2015 I've joined a JLPT N2 prep course to prepare myself for the N2 test in July. That period of time was actually quite enrichment, every weekend I have a class to attend, everyday I have some homework to do, so I won't feel I have wasted my time after work. Finally those 6 months of hard work really paid off, I've got my N2 certificate! haha! (However, right now I feel like I've given back what have been taught, need to revise back soon.)

For the second half of 2015 were mostly traveling around. Went back home for a week during Singapore's National day. Then during end of September I went for my first solo trip in Japan - a Perfume trip! This was my second trip to Japan and this time I went to visit Perfume's hometown - Hiroshima prefecture. Originally I planned to go there during November where all the maple leaves have turned red and it will be a great scenery there in Hiroshima. However Perfume had their Anniversary concert during end of September, so I have no choice and bring forward my plan. It was still a great trip, discovering a few Perfume's historical places in Hiroshima, went to Onomichi to find out the photo spot they took in the travel guidebook, stayed a short while at NOCCHi's hometown - Fukuyama city, then went back to Tokyo for a series of Perfume Anniversary Year Events!
My second Perfume concert in Tokyo with my senpai! Got a review of the concert here.
Went to a beautiful city, Onomichi and accomplished a MISSION!
After that I had a short getaway at Redang Island with a few JAC friends. This was really a impromptu getaway which we went there because of the song "浪花一朵朵". We also took a short crazy MV of that song there too. Haha.


Except for traveling nothing much happening to me this year. The only changes is my love towards Perfume is growing stronger and stronger. Since I have been working, I have bought all their singles and concert DVD released this year, plus their Anniversary year goods, concert goods and so on. Beyond that, I also started to order their previous limited edition singles and now I'm half way in collecting them all. Now I can't wait for them to announce their next album release date and the arena tour schedule for next year!

Half way there in collecting all their limited edition singles
The amount of Perfume goods I bought in 2015, excluding singles and DVD.
5 shirts, 3 bags, 3 pamphlets, 2 clear files, 1 towel
1 book, 1 photobook, 1 schedule book, 1 calendar,  and 1 pair of socks

Looking back at my 2015 New Year's Resolution, seems like I didn't accomplish some of my target.

No.1 Aiming JPLT N2
I got it!! After 6 months of JPLT N2 prep course at Ikoma Language school, my hard work paid off. However, I don't really feel my Japanese improve a lot. Probably my listening skill had improve a bit (this year watch quite a lot of Japanese program without subtitle), but my conversation skill still remain the same like last year or maybe getting worse. After graduated from JAC, I don't really have any opportunity to speak Japanese except when traveling in Japan. Probably next year I will join another Japanese language course to improve my conversation skill.

No.2 Be more independent at work
In the first half of 2015 was really quite busy as there were a lot of projects going on. I've learnt some new skills and framework to use. Most of all I've learnt a lot from one of my senior colleague. I can't really say I've become independent at work, but most of the time I can find my way out.

No.3 Do at least 5 video projects
I did a few video projects this year. The most important one is my grad trip in Japan last year.



I also helped JAC did a very short video about the JCF preparation.


The latest one was my wedding present to my cousin brother.

I did more than 5 videos this year, but most of them are just simple video editing. Recently don't feel motivated to do video, cause don't have any good idea of what video to make. I wonder next year will I still do it.

No.4 Don't be lazy! EXERCISE!!
Ever since I've moved to Bishan and stay next to Bishan park, I've jogged more than I jogged during my 4 years in NTU. However, I still haven't slim down (T_T) I even bought abs roller and dumbbell to push myself exercise my muscle, but still can't work. Once I stopped exercising for awhile, my stomach come back. Seems like I need to push myself even more in order to get fit!

No.5 Be more Active! Be more Aggressive!
In the beginning of the year I've told myself I have to be more aggressive, take courage to talk with strangers. I thought I could make some new friends in the Japanese class, but in the end after that 6 months I don't know anyone there. The class wasn't really what I've expected it to be. There is really none interaction between students and just the sensei explaining to us. Even though I got my N2 certificate, I felt a bit sad that I couldn't know anyone there. Right now I'm still the same me while my best friend in hometown found himself a girlfriend already. Finally ended his 24 years of single life. Seeing single people become couple, couples getting married (especially this year a lot of people around my age get married), I always wonder when will be my turn?

No.6 Find out who am I
One year already passed and I'm still same me! I still don't know what I really want to do!

No.7 Travel at least once
Yeap, I've travel at least once and that was Japan! Plus a short getaway at Redang Island and bringing my parents around in Singapore.
Miyajima Island, Hiroshima
Redang Island
My whole family came to Singapore!
No.8 Collect Mighty Morphin Power Ranger series figurines
This year I do really feel like my passion in collecting figurines is fading out. Not sure is because there is no more interesting figurines I want to collect or I feel it is not worth it to buy the figurines in Singapore. I still want to collect the Power Ranger series figurines but their price are very expensive as most of them are limited edition. This year I spent most of my money in Perfume's stuff and don't have any extra to buy them. However, this year I did buy one figurine that I wanted to collect for quite some time.

Metal Garurumon!!!
I also bought these cute Digimon figures in Japan. More photos

This year was quite normal, nothing much happening. Except for traveling, everyday was just work, movie, game, sleep. A normal working man life. Hopefully next year there will be some excitement in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top