2020/12/26

2020 - a year to forget but will always be remember in the history

 


In less than a week, year 2020 is coming to an end. One word to summarize the year of 2020 - 

PANDEMIC

Everyone in the world will have the same feeling that time passed swiftly this year. At the start of the year when COVID-19 just started, I was still optimistic that this will be over during mid year and everything will be back to normal - we can go back to hometown, go travel overseas during year end. How naïve I was. It's already December and every country still fighting against this virus. For example my country, Malaysia - due to an outbreak in Sabah we are facing the third wave of COVID-19. 

Malaysia's total cases had been maintained steadily around 10k through out the whole year until September when there was an outbreak in Sabah and Sabah state election happened at the same time. From October onwards the total cases shoot up drastically, the number of days of 10k cases increment getting shorter and shorter. For example, it took 20+ days to increase from 10k to 20k, 10+ days from 20k to 30k, around 2 weeks from 50k to 60k. As of 24th Dec Malaysia's total cases have reach over 100k and it only took 6 days to increase from 90k to 100k. It's quite a worrying statistics, furthermore there are news report that mutated COVID-19 had been discovered in UK with higher transmission rate. Now with the vaccine is already out, really hope can stop the spread of this virus and give us back some of the freedom in 2021.


Reflect back my 2020, what have I done so far in 2020. Career wise I have switched my job in October, my third company. Actually last year was suppose to be my turning point as I left my first company which I have worked for almost 5 years and tried to find a job in Tokyo, Japan. However after few months of job hunting, I didn't get any positive result, so in the end I joined a local company under 1 year contract in last December. Before the contract end I switched to another company. Looking back now maybe it's good that I didn't manage to work in Tokyo last year, or else I'll be stuck in Tokyo not sure when can I go back hometown again. 

Travel wise - I consider lucky that I was still able to go Japan this year during end February when COVID-19 just started to spread around Asia. My only regret is I should have taken a longer leave to be in Japan. Well, I can't complaint too much provided that many people can't manage to go anywhere this year and have to ask for refund for their air tickets. As mentioned in my earlier blog (link) I went to Tokyo to attend Perfume's concert, but on the day I arrived in Tokyo the Japan government announced that all live concert, big events need to be cancelled with immediate effect. So I was there but can't see them 😭 Nonetheless I still enjoy my short trip in Tokyo that time and saw some Sakura 💮

One of my fav shot in Tokyo this year

Game wise - This year I played quite a lot of games. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, FF7 remake, Dragon Ball Kakarot, Ghost of Tsushima, Nier Automata, FIFA 21. The best game I have played this year would be The Last of Us part 2. This is really a MUST play game in PS4. Not only the gameplay, graphics are nice, the story plot too is splendid. I have some tough moment in continuing the game because of the emotion I have to go thru with the main protagonist of the game. Such an amazing game. I think this year is the year I've bought the most games to play.


Due to the pandemic, there are some new norm this year like wear mask whenever we go out, keep social distancing, and also working from home. Because of that I have more time at home and maybe so I've played a lot of games. However I also try to pick up the hobby of reading books, and I'm proud of myself that this year I've read the most books! I finished reading Dr. Mahathir autobiography in April then I borrowed a few books from the library before the circuit breaker start. So far I've read Robert Iger's The Ride of a Lifetime, Gary Neville's Red: my autobiography, Rio Ferdinand's #2sides: my autobiography, etc. I also finished reading a Japanese light novel -  サスケ烈伝. Now I even bought Barack Obama's a promised land target to finish it in first half of 2021. To complete the 烈伝 series, I plan to buy the other 2 volume next year, カカシ烈伝、ナルト烈伝。

My favourite book this year

For health, I've joined the F45 challenge from 26th Oct till 7th Dec hoping I can lose some body weight. As a result my body weight did decrease from 72.7kg to 71.6kg and my body fat drop from 15.6% to 13.4%. I also gain muscle mass from 33 to 34.5. It's not a significant changes but it's some improvement. Hopefully I follow this routine I can see some more changes.

As for relationship wise, well... I'm still single. Even though I was quite active using the match-making app or dating app before the circuit breaker, it's so hard to find someone with the right feeling. I've turned to 30 this year, I wonder can I get married before 35 😅

2020 have not been friendly to everyone and the situation doesn't seem to get any better any time soon in 2021. Especially for next year Chinese New Year we can't go back to our hometown and celebrate with our parents. But with the vaccine out, let's hope everything will get better after mid 2021. 

さようなら、2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top