2013/12/19

Koh Lipe

Koh Lipe (เกาะหลีเป๊ะ), a small island at the southwest of Thailand, close to Malaysia. It has 3 main beaches:Sunset Beach, Sunrise Beach and Pattaya Beach. This was the second beaches I visited so far, the scenery was fascinating!


There are a few ways to go Koh Lipe. One way is to go from Langkawi island of Malaysia. Another way is by taking a van from Hatyai to Pak Bara then sit on a small ferry to go there. The whole journey took around 4 hours which is very time consuming. However the fare from Hatyai to Koh Lipe and from Koh Lipe back to Hatyai is around 1200 baht which is quite affordable.

The ferry to Koh Lipe
After 2 hours journey on the ferry, we finally reached Koh Lipe, Pattaya beach. The scenery in front of me was stunning. The crystal clear water where you can see the rocks and fishes underneath,the fine, white and soft sands and the big blue sky. You will fall in love to the beach in the first sight.


There are a lot of resorts on the island and currently they are still building some more. The resorts that we stayed in was Mountain Resort which located in between Sunset and Sunrise beaches. Therefore, it is quite convenient as you can choose to go see Sun set or Sun rise. The room was great too! Big space, big toilet, clean and not far from the beach. 

The resorts
How great is it if you can see this scenery
when you wake up every morning
What can we do there? The next day we rent a small boat to go around different islands and did snorkeling. The moment I put my face into the water I nearly scare the shit out of myself. There was a fish right in front of me. LOL. It was really fascinating to swim among the fishes. The man who drove the boat even dived in and grab some sea creatures to show us, like Starfish, Sea cucumber, Pufferfish, Sea urchin, etc. It was really a great experience. 




Even though I'm not really a swimmer or diver, but I really like to be on the beach for my holiday. The moment that I can just lie down on the beach, looking at the sea, enjoying the sea breeze, its really relaxing. All the stress, trouble, unhappy stuffs will all be gone like being washed away by the sea.


However, here is a small advice which is don't go to the beach with a couple while you're SINGLE! For me even worse, I went with 2 couples!! LOL While the couples holding each others' hands walking along the beach, I only can hold my camera to take picture of them. T.T 


Surely at that moment you will feel a bit emo and hope there was someone's hand you can hold and enjoy the sea with you. Therefore I really hope the next time if I go to a beach again for holiday, I will be going with my other half ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top